Growing on YouTube is not as simple as it used to be a few years ago. The YouTube algorithm is constantly evolving and has had multiple iterations. As a result, there are a few key metrics you need to prioritize in order to grow your channel in 2022.
That is why to help you out, we’ve put together 17 proven ways along with examples of successful channels to inspire you on your journey. But in addition to all of these methods, one thing you absolutely cannot miss out on is the quality of your videos — they need to be well-scripted, shot, and edited. InVideo’s YouTube video editor can help you with editing, allowing you to create engaging YouTube videos quickly and easily.
YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world, so optimizing your channel for search engine optimization (SEO) can help to increase visibility and drive more traffic to your videos. Here are a few ways to optimize your YouTube channel for SEO:
- Optimize your channel’s title and description: Use keywords in your channel’s title and description that describe your channel’s content and make it easy for viewers to find your channel when they search for those keywords.
- Use keywords in your video titles and descriptions: Use keywords in your video titles and descriptions that accurately describe the content of your video and make it easy for viewers to find your video when they search for those keywords.
- Create playlists: Organize your videos into playlists that are focused on specific topics. This can help to make it easier for viewers to find related videos and can also help to boost the visibility of your videos in search results.
- Use closed captions and subtitles: Adding closed captions and subtitles to your videos can help to make your content more accessible to a wider audience and also provides another way for viewers to discover your videos in search results.
- Use tags: Use tags to help YouTube understand the content of your videos, making it easier for viewers to discover your videos when they search for related content.
- Promote your channel on your website and social media platforms: Use your website and social media platforms to promote your YouTube channel and encourage viewers to subscribe to your channel.
- Encourage engagement: Encourage viewers to engage with your videos by asking questions, responding to comments, and creating a call to action in your video’s description.
- Analyze your performance: Use YouTube Analytics to track the performance of your videos and channel, and use the data to identify areas where you can improve your SEO.
By following these steps, you can optimize your YouTube channel for SEO and help to increase visibility and drive more traffic to your videos.